Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Smell of Quiet

Thursday, November 18, 2010

 

Oh the smell of quiet! I guess I am starting to understand my fellow mother’s appreciation of this smell. It’s not even 9p and I can’t believe that I am finally here. I am finally journaling.the mobile stopped revolving and I know my 3 month old Garrick Jeremiah is sleeping ...happily dreaming about his next and last feeding of the day in about an hour. The house is deliciously quiet and there’s not little devil on top of my shoulder trying to snatch me away from the computer using the guilt trip of any undone house-shore. Everything I had to do today has been done. I mean I did it. And please don’t interpret that as full dose of boasting about myself.. allow me to enjoy my accomplishment.
See, a couple of months ago, sitting in front of the computer for the luxury of journaling was an ambitious dream that my hyper-busy days as a breastfeeding-don’t have a clue about babies- first time mom would not allow.  I guess I don’t have much to say today, but just share the joy of this little breakthrough.  
I guess re- discovering this new smell is one of the many beautiful stops I will make along the journey of motherhood. How sweet. It really feels like stopping on the side of the road to smell the roses.  It’s invigorating. I know my to do list still has many items to tackle, and some are ever-going. But the smell of quiet after knowing that today’s share of time and energy was invested properly at home is really priceless.  Thank you Lord for today’s bread..for today’s time, for today’s sweet smell. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment